Shortcut Bar

O

Obie

I really miss Office Shortcut Bar that was available in previous versions of
Windows/Office. It kept my Desktop so much cleaner. Am I missing the way
to get to it? Or is there a replacement for it?

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Obie,

The last version of the MS Office Shortcut Bar (OSB) was in Office XP/2002.
The Windows folks took over the 'task' with the ability to have Toolbars tie to the TaskBar in Windows. There are a number of 3rd
party desktop organizers available as well.

============
I really miss Office Shortcut Bar that was available in previous versions of
Windows/Office. It kept my Desktop so much cleaner. Am I missing the way
to get to it? Or is there a replacement for it?

--
Obie >>

--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

I

Ivan

Hi, I still use Office XP/2002, and while i was evaluating 2007 i had the shortcut bar, as i either
use the start menu for most apps, and the shortcut bar for office (XP) apps and 1 or 2 other apps. I
do not have any icons, links or shortcuts on my desktop, i like a clean/uncluttered desktop. My
taskbar is even set to collapse so i have the full screen available to me without any distractions!

However when I licensed and activated my full office 2007, ((still have Office XP [minus Outlook], I
like the simplicity of my configuration of menus & toolbars for one click access, unlike the ribbon
and QAT) my shortcut bar suddenly stopped working and despite all my efforts i cannot get it to
work.

As I have XP, is there any way to retrieve the shortcut bar, i miss it!

Never mind, I've solved it...

I checked msoffice.exe properties in "Program files/Microsoft Office/Office 10" and went through the
tabs. The 'Run this program in compatability mode for:' in the Compatability tab was checked for
Windows 2000. I unchecked this box, applied and ok'ed out and then double-clicked the icon and viola
- there's my shortcut bar. Restored my icons & apps and now a happy bunny...

Thanks for you time!

Ask a Question