Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show

J

John_Near_Syracuse

I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by placing it off to the side of the screen in Slide View mode, so the logo does NOT show in slide show. However, in those slides that I use the other sound icon (looks like a ship's steering wheel, (circle with one notch extended), and/or a rectangular 3 box ICON, the program will NOT play the sounds if these ICONs are hidden from view off to the side of the screen in slide view mode.This just started happening, for now apparent reason. In other words, I have to place these ICONs in the lower left of the screen and it shows when doing the slide show, which is a distraction. When the sound plays, the icons disappear, reappear as soon as the sound ends. Many of these sound files are movie files, (that is .mov). I recently updated the PPT 2004 software for the first time in about 2 or 3 years, and am thinking the update may have caused this change. How do I hide the ICON’s so they do not show during t he slide show? Lastly, I do not understand what the various ICONs for sound mean, either and can find anything in PPT help. do .mov and .wav sound files work differently? I only need the .mov files for the sounds. If so, how do I convert a .mov file to .wav file? Help would be greatly appreciated !

Ask a Question