Spell Checker is fundamentally broken!

J

jebus197

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I have to fix the default language every time I spellcheck each page or each word. the change does not remain set - it always reverts back to US English as the default. It doesn't matter how many times I set my own language preference (which is UK English) it always reverts back to US English with each new slide/frame. Selecting the entire text box will only work on that page. There does not seem to be a way to fix the language for the whole document. Nor does the language preference stick between opening one instance of PP and the next. This used to happen in Word too, but seems to have been fixed with the 12.2.3 update. It however has not been fixed in PowerPoint.

Also despite the fact that I change my language preference, both the Thesaurus and Dictionary definitions throughout Office 2008 are all still in American English. So for example the word globalization throws up a bunch of synonyms and definitions, but the word globalisation doesn't. It seems that the spell checker/Thesaurus are incompatible with any version of English other than US English.

Ask a Question