Unable to access Microsoft Word

J

juax

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I've used my bro's Microsoft Word 08 and installed it onto my Mac. It has 3 user licenses and when I try to access Word to type out papers it gives me this notification:

"Microsoft office 2008 for mac cannot start because microsoft office is already in use.
An office program is being used by (name). Your installation exceeds the number of installations permitted by the license agreement. Click More Information to go online to learn about Mircrosoft Office Licensing."

Just to toss the scenario out there, we live in one house. And I don't think that has anything to do with the license agreement, but ya.

He claims he never lent it to anyone to use so it should only be on my Mac and his. So can anybody help me out to resolve this issue, so that I may use my Mac for school assignments.

appreciate it,
Juax

M

Michel Bintener

Hi Juax,

this message means that the same product key has been used at least twice on
the same network. You probably use the same product key he uses, so the best
thing to do is to remove the product key on one of your Macs and to re-enter
another product key. You can find the instructions on how to remove the
product key here:

<http://tinyurl.com/y9evydr>

J

juax

Hi Michel,

Thanks for replying about my current dilemma, but apparently the problem resolved itself :S and now I have access to using Office.I don't exactly know what happened (all I did was type my paper on my laptop, Windows, and I tried to open it on my Mac since it's the only computer that has the printer installed in it and magically it just started working.

The Office that he has actually only contains 1 product key. I've looked around the box and it seems to my sight that there is no other key to use.

Just to let you in on that ;)

But the issue is now magically resolved, and thanks a lot for the assistance!

Juax

Ask a Question