Update won't apply

T

tarannau20

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

When I try to install the office 2008 12.1.1. update I get the following error message:

You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

This is the only volume I have on my machine.

A

Arno Peeters

Same here and also on Versiontracker there are reports of the 12.1.2 update not working as it is in my case. I have a brandnew Mac Pro with an official install (+ 12.1.1 update) in the right place and no 'modifications' to the system that could be the cause of this.
Please give us a fix for this!!!

U

Ulf C. Becker

Same with me. I have a family version which would not install on any of my computers with the same message as above

Microsoft did not test thoroughly enough!

J

jan

same problem here. Seem like a lot of people having this problem. Fix it ms! don't understand why they release such a crap without testing it properly.

A

Arno Peeters

Indeed, AutoUpdate selected the wrong Update (English as opposed to Dutch in my case). Downloading the Dutch updater solved my issue. Thanks.

B

Bill W.

Same with me: Great Mac but typical Microsoft problems causing much frustration. Also we can see the great response form Microsoft: NONE

C

CyberTaz

Hi Bill -

I'm not sure what you expect here. This is a peer-to-peer discussion news
group, not MS Tech Support. If you want individualized attention from MS you
can obtain it via the Contact links on the Mactopia site or the
Microsoft.com site.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question