Upgrade to 12.0.1 fails even though software is on the volume

B

blackfm

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

J

jrossman

Count me in on this error. When I go thru AutoUpdate there is no update found. When I download the 12.0.1 updater from Mactopia I can run it, but when I get to the destination screen, my drive has a stop sign under it and the message "You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

Multiple computers having this problem.
FWIW, I'm using the enterprise version of Office 2008 from our Select Agreement disc kit.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the package receipt from the AutoUpdate 2.1.1 is not in the right place? I see the receipts from Office 2008 installation, but no updated receipt for 2.1.1.
Is the 12.0.1 installer looking for the AutoUpdate 2.1.1 package receipt?

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Count me in on this error. When I go thru AutoUpdate there is no update
found.

Download it manually from the MS website.
The update is not yet up on the auto-update server.

Corentin

J

jrossman

wrote:
> Count me in on this error. When I go thru AutoUpdate there is no update
> found.

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP <http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/> ---
<http://www.mvps.org> - <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com>
MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire

Sooo...thanks for reading my whole post. Second sentence pretty much says I DID download it.

I'm going to wait for the servers to get the update before trashing and reinstalling Office.

B

blackfm

I think my problem may (but perhaps not since more of you are reporting this) be due to the fact that my copy of office is spanish and there is no spanish update available? I tried it in english but got this error. If I try to use the auto-update option in one of the products, it tells me there are no updates. I guess I will wait to see what happens if and when a spanish version of the upgrade is available?

Fiona.

B

blackfm

wrote:
&gt; Count me in on this error. When I go thru AutoUpdate there is no update
&gt; found.

Corentin
Manual download has same error, auto update doesn't find anything for my version of the software. See my other post, I think my issue is language, my software is spanish but there is no spanish upgrade available?
Fiona.

Ask a Question