Use of Duplex Function on Brother Printer

K

keyboardmonkey

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I am using a Mac, OSX 10.4.11: Brother Printer DCP-8025D (Duplex Unit). Initially I could print both sides of the paper with word VX using Duplex tick box in the print selection panel, Of late I can no longer do this - the tick box is still available but will not accept a tick. I tried reinstalling the printer driver, and Word VX and I have now installed Word 2008 however in each case I can no longer tick the Duplex preference box to get the printer to print both sides. However, I can use the duplex unit with Text Edit. Has anyone seen this problem and know how top fix it? Many thanks, Richard

C

CyberTaz

First consideration: Have you checked the Brother site for an updated
printer driver?

K

keyboardmonkey

I have written to Brother, they have replied and have not yet identified the problem. They have not suggested an upgraded driver and I have not seen a recommended driver for this model or a problem of this type referred to. Thanks though for your reply.

----------------

Ask a Question