Where Are Messages on Computer/Importing?

K

kat_hansen

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

When I search my entire Mac (using Finder) as opposed to searching Entourage for an e-mail message, I can see messages designated as vrge_08Message, but I can't see where they are stored on my computer.

The reason I want to know is that I want to import all messages from one Mac (non-Intel, if that makes a difference) to another Mac (Intel). If I choose Import from the File menu, I'm asked to choose where I want to import the messages from -- and I don't know. I suspect it's somewhere in the Microsoft User Data folder, but I can't tell for sure.

I've also tried importing the entire Entourage application from one Mac to another. That seemed to work OK but was a little dicey because Entourage on the computer to which I was importing had to rebuild the database.

I used Eudora for years and knew exactly where the mail folders were stored and could easily move them back and forth from Mac to Mac.

What's the best way to do such an import? Maybe it's not even important to know where the messages are stored on my computer.

Thanks for any insight.

Ask a Question