Images missing in all Word files, no print preview etc

C

C_Rogers

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running into an issue with Word 2008 after recently upgrading from 2004. (BTW it is way faster now that it is a Universal Binary)

When I open old DOC files with images in them the images are always gone. I don't have a ton so I can't say if the image formats are all the same, they are basic GIF or BMP style graphics from what I remember. I can't see them in print layout mode, print preview, and they are missing when I print. I have checked to make sure it is not using the image placeholders. The image does show when I do preview function in OS X.

I thought maybe it was an upgrade issue so I opened the file in Office 2007 on my PC and it opens fine other than a few formatting changes. I edited the file and saved it on the PC as a DOCX and it looks fine there. I transfered it to my Mac and still no go. I also recently received a DOC in an email that I happened to see a hard copy of and it is missing the images there as well. It seems all images are gone.

Any suggestions?

C

CyberTaz

Have you checked in Word> Preferences> Print to confirm that 'Drawing
Objects' is checked? As well as 'Print background colors & images'? What
about the check in the View preferences for 'Background colors & images in
Print Layout view'?

Also, confirm that you have the latest updates applied for both Office as
well as OS X & check the mfr's site for an updated printer driver. Be sure
to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after any updates.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question