PowerPoint crashes when I launch slideshow,add special effects or transitions

K

kmr

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I'm running Office 2004 with 2006 Intel-based iMac with Tiger as the OS. I have a total of 1.25GB RAM, a 1.83GHz Core 2 processor, GMA 950 video card, and a 150GB HD.

My issue: PowerPoint crashes when I go to "Launch Slideshow." It also crashes whenever I want to use animation, special effects or transitions.

I've tried to download Service Pack 1 and 2 from Microsoft's website but the installation programs tell me that the "installation could not locate the correct version of the program, please check the 'Read Me' file for software requirements." According to the Read Me file, I have all the requirements.

Suggestions/Help/Advice/Relief??

Thanks!

G

I am having the EXACT same problem. I was told that an upgrade to OS 10.4 was the issue - it "breaks" something in PowerPoint. I also need help to solve this problem - as a teacher, all of the new textbook presentations are on PowerPoint!

Can anyone offer a solution?

Ask a Question