Word 2008-Mac: Problem printing pictures

A

antelope

HELP- I just installed Office 2008 student and home and I can not get Word to print any images or pictures included with my text in files created in Office X, Word. I have documents I created in Word X that have images and pictures. When I try to print these documents, the documents print in their entirety but without any of the pictures. The pictures clearly show in the document, they just won't print. I have tried saving the files as .docx format, but this does not help. I have checked the formatting of the pictures in word, changed it, etc. Again, they will not print. Anyone else have this problem?

J

Jules

HELP- I just installed Office 2008 student and home and I can not getWordtoprintany images or pictures included with my text in files created in Office X,Word. I have documents I created inWordX that have images and pictures. When I try toprintthese documents, the documentsprintin their entirety but without any of the pictures. The pictures clearly show in the document, they just won'tprint. I have tried saving the files as .docx format, but this does not help. I have checked the formatting of the pictures inword, changed it, etc. Again, they will notprint. Anyone else have this problem?

Check the option print pictures.
See options View (not in advanced print options...)
Another problem/solutions: are the pictures really IN the document?
If you swap field code (again, options | advanced), you may see a
field code. That's no good and may be the cause of this problem: the
picture may not be available for printing, only for a quick preview,
as a object.
Or, just send the document to my email (if it's not confidential),
I'll check if it print using my MS Word.
Regards,
Jules

D

Daiya Mitchell

Hi Jules--

Do you mind if I just translate your answer a little bit to match a US
version of Word on the Mac? Not sure if you are using Windows or if
your menu options are in a different language, but your excellent answer
may confuse Antelope.
Check the option print pictures.
See options View (not in advanced print options...)
Look under Word | Preferences | Print, and make sure "drawing objects"
is checked.
Another problem/solutions: are the pictures really IN the document?
If you swap field code (again, options | advanced), you may see a
field code.
Word | Preferences | View, check "field codes"--if the picture turns
into a field code, it is just linked, not actually stored in the document.

A

antelope

Jules and Dalya.. thanks for the input. Dalya, thanks for the translation. I checked both items in the preferences and I both drawing objects and now field codes is selected. No help. The pictures still show up, they are in the document apparently since no links show up and they still don't print. Interesting enough, if I open the document and copy one of the pictures and paste it in a new document, the picture prints in the new document fine. If I copy it from the new document and place in the original document it doesn't print. Also, when I look at the document in file, print preview, the pictures all show, but won't print. However, if I go file, print and the quick preview button is selected, when the print range is all, the image shows the pictures. But when I change the print range to "current page' and I have a page with pictures selected, the pictures do not show.

E

ethanvb

Jules and Dalya.. thanks for the input. Dalya, thanks for the translation.. I checked both items in the preferences and I both drawing objects and now field codes is selected. No help. The pictures still show up, they are inthe document apparently since no links show up and they still don't print.Interesting enough, if I open the document and copy one of the pictures and paste it in a new document, the picture prints in the new document fine. If I copy it from the new document and place in the original document it doesn't print. Also, when I look at the document in file, print preview, the pictures all show, but won't print. However, if I go file, print and the quick preview button is selected, when the print range is all, the image shows the pictures. But when I change the print range to "current page' and I have a page with pictures selected, the pictures do not show.

I'm having the same problem - much later now. I probably need to upgrade, but I'm thinking I'll hold off until the next ms office for mac release.. Anyone know true solution for printing in word? I'll use the preview printwork-around for now, but this is an annoying problem to deal with!

E

ethanvb

I'm having the same problem - much later now. I probably need to upgrade, but I'm thinking I'll hold off until the next ms office for mac release..Anyone know true solution for printing in word? I'll use the preview print work-around for now, but this is an annoying problem to deal with!

Okay - figured out a setting that works
Word | Preferences | Print | Options for current document only Section - check "Print background colors and images"

That worked for me. Not sure if there's a way to make that a default "on" setting, but it works now!

Ask a Question